History of Malliankaranai Mission
Ramakrishna Mission Students’ Home, Mylapore was founded in 1905 with the blessings of Srimat Swami Ramakrishnanandaji Maharaj, a direct disciple of Bhagavan Sri Ramakrishna.
In 1932, a philanthropist and a well-wisher donated some acres of lands in the village of Malliankaranai, Uthiramerur Taluk, Kancheepuram District to Students’ Home, Chennai for the service of the poor and the down-trodden.
In this village, an Elementary School with standards 1 to 5 came into being in June 1945.
Services to the poor and backward classes in the surrounding villages consisting mostly of agricultural labourers are the main activities of the Centre.
Started as a sub-centre of Chennai Students’ Home, this Centre became full-fledged in April 2000.
Ramakrishna Mission in Malliankaranai village is situated around 88 kms. from Chennai. Our foremost activity is to impart free education with values to the students from the poor and backward classes in the surrounding villages consisting mostly of agricultural labourers.
Our Mission always emphasises on Character Building and Man Making education as envisioned by the Great Patriotic Monk Swami Vivekananda. The elevating messages of Bhagavan Sri Ramakrishna and Holy Mother Sarada Devi are inculcated to the students to make them good citizens of our great motherland.